Wednesday 25 August 2010

10 things tag :)

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, I've been signed off work with stress and exhaustion for a week so I'm currently up in Durham spending some time with my beloved mummy and sleeping lots. I'm fine, I can just be a fragile little soul sometimes!

I have little resources here so don't want to post my massive haul post as it isn't ready yet and there's bound to be a load more goodies to add to it by the time I'm back in Nottingham on Monday.




I saw this on Kate's beautiful blog and thought I'd do it. Like Kate, I'm not going to tag people as I'm sure a lot of you have done it before but feel free to copy it and do it on your blog if you like.

The rules of the award are:
1. Post who gave you the award.
2. State 10 things you love.
3. Tag/award another 10 bloggers.

The things I love, in no real order are...

1) My boyfriend, Robin. I know this is an obvious one but why shouldn't he be top? He's the funniest, most handsome, most inspirational person I have ever met in my life. He's the first person that convinced me I could make it in the media industry. When we met, I'd given up on the idea of being a writer and was planning to go to a university I wouldn't have been happy at to study to become a teacher. Because he guided me and believed in me, I'm now a freelance writer and social media assistant and I'm studying for a fashion degree at university. It scares me to think what my life would have been like without the impact he's had on it but I'm elated life is how it is and I'm elated to have found my forever guy after so many idiots in the past!

2) University. Since I was little I always wanted to go to university and educate myself as best as possible but when I moved to London and started to intern and freelance as a writer and fashion assistant, I didn't think I'd ever go. Nottingham Trent University totally has my heart, the tutors inspire me and they're always so supportive. My course, Fashion Communication and Promotion, makes my brain fizz with excitement and I'm constantly surrounded by amazing people. It's one of the best fashion courses in the world and I feel very lucky to be part of it.

3) Nandos. I am a little bit addicted and always order a chicken fillet burger, garlic bread and chips with peri-peri salt!

4) Make-up. I couldn't be a beauty blogger if I disliked make-up, right? I love being a girl and indulging in bronzers, mascaras, foundations, lip colours... it's just so much fun!

5) Marshmallow bed. The bed I share with my boyfriend is probably the best bed in the entire world, it's so massive and soft and welcoming. Nothing beats a slightly hungover morning lazing about in marshmallow bed with a cup of coffee and a cuddle!

6) Magazines. I spent my teens working at magazines and have a CV which I'm really proud of. As much as I want to work in online journalism/social media once I graduate, I'd love to be able to work in the beauty department of a glossy magazine one day.

7) Suri Cruise. She's the cutest and most stylish little girl in the whole wide world!

8) My Mama! Really she should be at the top! My mum and I are best friends, she's so unique and a little bit crazy but in a good way. I sometimes can't get over that we're mother and daughter, I can't imagine having one of those formal mother and daughter relationships some people have. She may be 45 but she's the most beautiful woman in the world!

9) Nottingham- and not just for university! Having lived in Durham, London and then Nottingham, I really feel at home in the East Midlands. As much as I'll probably have to move back to London for a while once I graduate, I hope to only live there during the week and come home to my lovely boyfriend in the weekends. I love the fun of the city and the quirky culture. I love the art galleries and tea rooms, Gatecrasher and Oceana nightclub, Market Square and the zillions of shops. I'm yet to fall out of love with this city and I'm lucky to live in a gorgeous apartment in the city centre.

10) Nights out! I heart letting my hair down with the girls or with my boyfriend. There's nothing like blasting Ke$ha or Katy Perry whilst applying fake lashes and having a few cheeky drinks! Then it's off out, into the cab, too many naughty cocktails, a lot of dancing and a takeaway on the way home at 5am. Tacky but fun!

If you want to do this then leave me a comment so I can see your result :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved all the things on your list! :) I hope you're feeling better soon though girlie, stress is an awful thing xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)